The purpose of the new NSBF Byway Awards program is to recognize the successes of individual byways or a collection of byways, their communities and their leaders. Awards recognition will serve as a member benefit in added publicity and an example to other byway organizations. The awards program is open to current NSBF members only. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure about your current membership status.
2020 NSBF Organization Awards: given in even-numbered years, beginning in 2020 at the Heartland Byway Conference, April 14-16, 2020. Up to eight award recipients from eight categories to be recognized. The 2020 Awards application is available here. Deadline for applications: February 28, 2020
- Byway Innovation Award (innovative byway practices not fitting in other award categories)
- Public-Private Partnership Award (multi-partner, multi-industry projects, etc.)
- Interpretation Award (educational project, signage, panels, with emphasis on your Byway’s Intrinsic Qualities, etc.)
- Leveraging Resources Award (fundraising, resources, in-kind, etc.)
- Marketing and Communications Award (best use of technology: byway website, app, innovation, news program feature, byway newsletter, etc.)
- Visitor Experience Award (additional experiential opportunities), new museums, additional training program for volunteers, with emphasis on your Byway’s Intrinsic Qualities, etc.
- Scenic Viewshed Improvement Award (protection, restoration, innovation; with emphasis on your Byway’s Intrinsic Qualities, etc.)
- Expanding Knowledge Award (research studies, surveys, innovative stakeholder engagement, etc.)
2021 NSBF Community Awards: given in odd numbered years, beginning in 2021. Winners will be recognized in their state/region/community along their byways.
- Byway Beautification Award (aesthetic or environmental enhancement projects with consideration of its relation to your Intrinsic Qualities, etc.)
- Byway Community Event/Activity Award (authentic events, volunteer events, etc.)