Byways in North Dakota
America's Byways Collection
- Sheyenne River Valley National Scenic Byway
- Standing Rock National Native American Scenic Byway – ND
- Chan SanSan Scenic Backway
- Des Lacs National Wildlife Refuge Scenic Backway
- Killdeer Mountain Four Bears Scenic Byway
- Old Red Old Ten Scenic Byway
- Rendezvous Region Scenic Backway
- Sakakawea Scenic Byway
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park North Unit Scenic Byway
- Turtle Mountain Scenic Byway
National Scenic Byways and All-American Roads are designated by the Federal Department of Transportation and become part of the America’s Byways® collection. To become an official National Scenic Byways, qualifying roads must have one of the following six “intrinsic qualities”: 1. Scenic, 2. Historic, 3. Archeological, 4. Recreational, 5. Cultural, or 6. Natural. To become an All-American Road, two or more of these unique intrinsic qualities must be present (along with a more comprehensive “corridor management plan”). State-level byways are most frequently designated by the State Department of Transportation (DOT), but can also be designated by federal agencies (at the state level) such as the US Forest Service, NPS, BLM, USACE, US Fish & Wildlife, as well as by tribal organizations.
*Byways in the America’s Byways collection with an asterisk are All-American Roads.