Byway Leader Training
ON-SITE – November 13 (arrival) 14-15, 2023
Registration is now FULL – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Location: Paris Landing, Tennessee State Park https://tnstateparks.com/lodges/paris-landing
This curriculum is designed for byway leaders who want to learn about the Scenic Byway Program and leaders who want to rejuvenate their byway organizations.
Byway Leader Training is an important way for Byway leaders, volunteers, tourism professionals and agency representatives to begin or renew their Byway planning and management familiarity. Networking with other Byway leaders may be the best reason to attend.
- How Byway organizations are thriving without Federal funding
- Interpretation and how to Tell Your Story
- Strategies to update your Corridor Management Plan (CMP)
- Priorities for marketing, partnerships, and fundraising
- Byway jargon – Wayshowing, viewshed protection, resource interpretation, and more
Please contact Sharon Strouse, email@example.com or 330-231-3468, for more information. Click here for a sample curriculum.
State Byway Coordinator Training
Virtual – tentatively February 7, 14, 21 2024
Scheduled on Wednesdays at 11am ET for 2 1/2 to 3 hours each day. Bring snacks, coffee and lunch and enjoy your break with your fellow byway coordinators. Contact Sharon Strouse at the National Scenic Byway Foundation office to request more information.
This is a new program offering for State Byway Coordinators, DOT Byway Planners, and related agency Byway Managers or Consultants. Our ‘Orientation Training’ curriculum is designed to familiarize state byway coordinators with byway best practices and state byway program guidelines from across the country.
- Role of FHWA and the National Scenic Byway Foundation (NSBF)
- National Scenic Byway Program and Federal Guidelines
- Importance of the Corridor Management Plan (CMP)
- State Byway Coordinator Roles & Responsibilities
- State Byway Program Management
- And more…
Instructors via Zoom will include Lenore Bates, State Byway Coordinator, Colorado; Michael McClanahan, State Byway Coordinator, Tennessee; Chris Sieverdes, Ohio Byway Links President and Sharon Strouse, Executive Director of the National Scenic Byway Foundation. Together these byway leaders have a combined over 60 years of experience leading, managing, and advising byway organizations. Complete the BLT/SBCT application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment of $125 per participant can either be made through PayPal, link above (you don’t have to have a PayPal account, just use a credit card) — or you can mail a check to NSBF, PO Box 212, Millersburg, OH, 44654-0212. Limited to 15 participants. Invoices available upon request.