These are magazines, journals, conference proceedings, etc. which contain useful guidance for byway organizations.
Byway Beginnings Book 1999
Understanding, Inventorying, and Evaluating a Byway’s Intrinsic Qualities Guidebook, 1999.
Guiding to Planning & Managing a Scenic Byway - FHWA 1995
Thirteen chapters, this guide from FHWA answers basic questions about a scenic byway. Includes a glossary.
- Byway Planning-Table of Contents
- Ch1 What Is a Scenic Byway
- Ch2 Getting Started
- Ch3 Inventorying Your Byway
- Ch4 Resource Inventory Decisions
- Ch5 Stakeholder & Public Input
- Ch6 Corridor Management Planning
- Ch7 CMP Step 1 Existing Conditions
- Ch8 CMP Step 2 Establishing Goals
- Ch9 CMP Step 3 Formulating Objectives
- Ch10 CMP Step 4 Your Action Plan
- Ch11 Who Will Make It Work
- Ch12 Keeping Commitment Alive
- Ch13 Dealing with Development
- Jargon Guide & Glossary
Interpretation: Sustainable Byway Interpretation
John Ververka’s handout and publication about sustainable byway interpretation, planning and management.
Journal for America's Byways - 3 issues
Professional and scholarly articles. Insights and news about topics important to the byway community, 2011 – 2o12.
Marketing your Byway - 3 part series
Creating and implementing your byway marketing plan, 2012.