Byways in Arkansas
America's Byways Collection
- Crowley’s Ridge Parkway National Scenic Byway – AR
- Great River Road National Scenic Byway – AR*
- Talimena Scenic Drive National Scenic Byway – AR
- Arkansas Scenic 7 Byway
- Boston Mountains Scenic Loop
- Camden Expedition Scenic Byway
- Highway 21/Ozark Highlands Scenic Byway
- Interstate 530
- Mount Magazine Scenic Byway/Highway 309
- Pig Trail Scenic Byway
- Sylamore Scenic Byway
- West-Northwest Scenic Byway
National Scenic Byways and All-American Roads are designated by the Federal Department of Transportation and become part of the America’s Byways® collection. To become an official National Scenic Byways, qualifying roads must have one of the following six “intrinsic qualities”: 1. Scenic, 2. Historic, 3. Archeological, 4. Recreational, 5. Cultural, or 6. Natural. To become an All-American Road, two or more of these unique intrinsic qualities must be present (along with a more comprehensive “corridor management plan”). State-level byways are most frequently designated by the State Department of Transportation (DOT), but can also be designated by federal agencies (at the state level) such as the US Forest Service, NPS, BLM, USACE, US Fish & Wildlife, as well as by tribal organizations.
*Byways in the America’s Byways collection with an asterisk are All-American Roads.